Saturday, April 25, 2015

Open mat, in which I am pulverized by Seth.



Players tend to get attached to fancy techniques and fail to recognize that subtle internalization and refinement  is much more important than the quantity of what is learned…. Depth beats breadth any day of the week, because it opens a channel for the intangible, unconscious, creative components of our hidden potential. - Josh Waitzkin, “The Art Of Learning”


Open mat at Bellevue.

I was hoping to get a chance to roll with Georgette, and also some other people, preferrably with some no-gi as well. Unfortunately, I could not get my ass in gear. I am so tired of being so tired all the time. I don't know what it feels like to not be tired. I think it's getting worse. I really need to go cold turkey off the caffeine for a couple of weeks and see if it feels the same, and if so, it's probably time to go to the doctor. I am not eager to go to the doctor, and even less eager to give up my Dr. Pepper. But it's getting bad. It's approaching the point where I am going to HAVE to do something.

Anyway... I got there really late (but at least I got there! Go me!), and I spent a full hour rolling with Seth, which was well worth the trip. Damn, he is good. He ran a clinic on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment