Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Everybody likes my pelvis"


Ecstasy is not a faraway, unreachable dimension. It is right here, just a few feet away from the sleep of the senses. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path





Today's Form Of the Day: Tiger versus Crane.

Another 3.5 hour walk. I wore thicker socks in my combat boots, and that was a bad decision- I got blisters. And of course we were doing Tiger stuff at Kung Fu tonight- the worst thing for blisters!

We repped the Tiger kick drill some, then worked apps from it. RM commented that my targeting was incredible- "She hits the exact same spot every time!" It was funny because I don't think he's been present any of the many times other people have been talking about that. My target on one of these drills was just medial of Nemesis' hipbone. RM had been hitting him in the same spot, causing Nemesis to comment wryly, "Everybody likes my pelvis," There's one for the Taken Out Of Context page. I remarked that RM's Tiger claw was like a vise, and he seemed to be hitting painful pressure points with multiple fingers every time. That guy is going to to be so badass as soon as he gets some more technique.

Individual forms time. I worked on Tiger Versus Crane. I was pleasantly shocked when I got to the Tiger kick section, which- granted- was some of what we'd just been drilling, but it felt like a cannonball exploding out of my center and down my leg, with a psychic backlash so strong that it almost knocked me on my ass. All three kicks were the same. The rest of the form also felt much tighter, more explosive, and the kicks (which I'd been told were already fairly impressive) we better. This form has leveled-up.

You can't do too many reps of TvC at one session, it is very exhausing. So I did some Box form, the original version and the variations that CC gave me. SK wanted to see CC's variations, so I showed it to him, and was gratified to get an "Oh WOW" at the swirly tingly turn that I like so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment