Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday


The first step to unlock the doors of perception and sniff the scent of the Secret is to awaken the five senses from the numbness that normally surrounds them. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path




Today's Form Of the Day is Bung Bo Kuen.

I spent a goodly part of the morning shredding cardboard boxes by hand, which I am going to consider a workout.

Lunchtime BJJ at Gracie Bellevue. Marc and I got each other again. Guard break wherein you stand up, create space, and then crouch back down with your knee up. Spinning armbar from side control (a different one from yesterday). I'm keeping it pretty tight, but it could be tighter. I need to remember to pull the arm (and my own body) down toward the opponent's feet instead of popping upward to finish the spin.

One 8-min roll with Marc. He tapped me with a cross collar gi choke, which is a bit humiliating since we were just working on those last night. But he took me by surprise with it because he never tries for those. I have rolled with him enough that I feel like I know his game, and he surprised me this time. I spent the rest of the roll trying to gi-choke him back (one good choke deserves another), and managed to finish one.

1 comment:

  1. When you do that armbar (if it is the one I'm thinking of) think about stabbing them in the heart with your elbow-- and like you said, pulling their arm out of its socket towards the diagonally-opposite foot, straight down their body. That helps keep them pinned and immobile while you transition.

    ReplyDelete