Thursday, August 25, 2011

Meeeeeeeeeeeelting


Never forget that self defense is about not being there, using awareness, avoidance, and de-escalation to eliminate the need to fight. Fighting is what you do when you’ve totally screwed up your self defense. Lawrence Kane and Kris Wilder, The Little Black Book Of Violence


Today's FOD is Bung Bo Kuen. Yesterday's was the Southern mantis Long Form fragment.

I didn't go to Kung Fu tonight.

I did end up telling SK that I needed to skip some classes, and why, although I had seriously considered just saying that I had to be at work. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a long break- or a permanent one- but if it does, sooner or later I'd have to admit the truth, so might as well be up front. To my relief, if he was mad or disappointed, he hid it well. I had him take his bo and Nemesis' out of my car where they usually live between classes, so they'd have them for Sundays. I'm not happy about this, but I think it was the best of a poor set of choices.

Instead, I went to evening BJJ at Gracie Bellevue.

North-south escapes, then escape from top half guard. A little positional sparring starting from north-south.

I skipped sparring because it was hot enough to bake a chicken in the gym, and I just have no energy in that kind of heat, especially wearing a heavy coat. I was making my classmates laugh by stage-whispering, "I'm meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeltingggggg!" in the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment