Friday, June 28, 2013

It's a bad day to be wearing canvas pajamas.



Even sickness and bad luck run away from tigers.  –Barry Hughart


I felt up to tackling BJJ today, although I thought it wise to attempt only one class. Evening in Bothell. Man, was it ever hot. When you're sweating before the warmups even start, you know you're gonna be shedding some water weight today.

Sit-up sweep from guard. Major point for me today: foot placement. Get that extraneous foot out of the way; plant the other one with commitment.

Kimura from guard. Major point for me today- pay attention to pressing opponent's shoulder down.
Cross collar choke from guard. Major point for me today: "Fluff" the collar, don't haul down on the lapel so that you prevent yourself from getting your hand in there.

Griff brought over a bunch of guys (and one girl) from the Edmonds pod for us to beat up and get beaten up by. Note that if I ever spar Megan again: she has infruriatingly flexible shoulders. Armbars and keylocks are possible, but she's gonna make you work for them. I didn't even attempt a kimura. You have to choke this lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment