Sunday, September 11, 2011

Saturday


Nothing says, "Please don't rape me." like multiple jacketed hollowpoints. -John Fogh




The FOD is Leopard Fist.

I will not be going to Kung fu today. I guess I should stop writing that, since it is now the norm instead of the exception. Despite my initial resolve to keep my mouth shut and my head down for a while, I lasted a whole two days before I e-mailed SK Saturday morning and apologized for distressing him with my absence- explaining that I'd truly thought it was not impacting anyone besides me. Haven't heard back from him. Sigh. He's really pissed at me. I am really unhappy.

I e-mailed CC and asked for a lesson. We're supposed to meet on Thursday evening (when I will yet again *not* be going to SK's class). Sigh. It's good to be able to work with CC- who will be, if I do not return to SK's class- my only option for continuing to study Kung Fu. But every time I work with him, it hits home how much better SK's teaching style melds with my learning style. Not to mention CC is much less accessible. That will burn more acutely now.

Today, besides Leopard Fist as the FOD, I did all the mirror forms in a string. It is *finally* starting to stick in my head which way I need to open up Leopard Three in order to go which direction. I need to keep my brain focussed on the BOTTOM hand, because that is the one I'm going to strike to the inside with next. As long as I focus on that, it is obvious which way I'll be turning after that. The mind is so funny sometimes, the things it will remember and the things it won't.

Need to rep the arm-spin thing from Five Points, just that, about a million times. Everything else in the mirror version of 5 Points is going pretty well, but that one thing always stymies me. The left hand needs to fly up to about 11 o'clock and circle COUNTERCLOCKWISE from there.

A couple reps of Angry Snake, with a pen in place of a sword. Many reps of the opening moves of Tiger Versus Crane In the Mirror. I worked with some of the next techniques for that one. That centrifugal jumping spinning kick that always gives me so much trouble- not the kick, but the way the arms go- is even worse on the opposite side! Maybe I will gain some clarity working with it from the other side.

I also practiced the opening moves of Black Crane 1 In the Mirror- up to "Crane Serves Drinks" (no, that's not the real name of the technique, but that's what it looks like).

My injured knee doesn't seem too bad; it's probably a good thing I couldn't get to any BJJ this weekend, giving it a chance to heal up.

I read on SIDE CONTROL's blog that Lindsey got his black belt. I can't wait to see him and congratulate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment