Thursday, July 23, 2015

Brazilian buffet




"A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."-- Grace Murray Hopper


Yardwork in the AM. Mowing, pulling blackberries, tearing out old chicken wire.

Thursday gi in Bellevue.

"Brazilian Buffet": ie, rotating spars with no breaks.

Cindy came in about halfway through, which was cool as I have not seen (or rolled with) her in forever.

My performance seemed not particularly terrible nor spectacular today.

I got yelled at by Carlos for setting up a kneebar on John.  Big Mouth exclaimed, laughing, "You can't KNEEBAR me!" and of course that got Carlos' head popping right up. John later admitted that I would have had that kneebar, and the "tattletale defense" was his last resort.  He's got 4 stripes on his purple belt, so he'd better get ready for those kneebars.

More yardwork after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment