Sunday, September 12, 2010

Woof!


It's amusing- pathetic, yes, but still amusing- how much of a charge my inner Martial Artist gets from just a little individual attention from a teacher. I feel like a dog that's been tied in the backyard for a year, tossed a bowl of kibble every Tuesday and Thursday evening, but otherwise offered no attention or stimulation. Yesterday someone walked by and petted me and told me I was a Good Girl- and now I'm all big-eyed and wiggly and excited.

I wonder how things would be if I could only get a taste of that on a consistant, regular basis.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes just a little bit of encouragement can go a loooong way ;)
    Feels nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on this. I wonder if I have daddy issues or something-- but when the blackbelt who teaches our competition team class tells me "nice" or "good" or (whee!) "perfect," I tuck it away for later mulling-over just like a 15 yr old girl will recount every detail of a brief conversation with a crush.

    ReplyDelete