Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Your shoulder is so BONY- it used to have a little padding on it!"

130.0

Friday no-gi at Cindy's. JB is out of town and SK had to work late, so it was just JM and me.

I have become infamous in this school for my handwalking (yes, we are made to walk on our hands during the warmup). I still can't do it as well as Cindy, though.

Escape from mount of half guard using the foot crossover- this is one of the very first things I taught my three friends. From there, Old School Sweep to side control. Good to get more practice on this one. I think the parts I have been suboptimal on are clutching that knee in tight against me, keeping it there during the entire sweep, and also I need to make sure I get deep enough. Cindy emphasized that you will get crossfaced and pried back out it you fail to get deep enough- which is what Kaungren was trying to get me to do to JB the other night. JM was kind enough to crossface me when I forgot. It's good to get the multiple-source reinforcement- hopefully that will make it stick better.

As I crawled up JM to side control, she groaned, "Your shoulder is so BONY now... it used to have a little bit of padding on it!" (ROFL!)


Timed free roll with that small woman from a couple of week ago (Her name starts with an E, but is not Eva or Edda or Edna- darn- I'll get it next time). I think I have a little weight on her, but she is very strong and has decent technique. She has very good sub defenses, but lets me get mount too easily. I spent a lot of time in mount, but I had to work a good long while to get a sub (Got her twice with keylocks).

Then Ian. Always a great partner. We kept rolling after time was called, I don't know how long we were going, but it seemed like forever. We were both getting REALLY tired. I was on the bottom a lot, but I did get some mounts, and once he reversed HIMSELF (always nice when they do it FOR you). I couldn't get a sub on him to save my life, though. Tried armbar, keylock, choke, over and over, couldn't get them. Finally he set up a triangle (I need to watch for Ian's triangles); I got out of that somehow, but he transitioned to an armbar and I had to tap.

I could literally see steam rising off my body, so I decided it was time to stop. Connor had come in halfway through, and it would have been nice to get my butt kicked by him once or twice, but I was spent. I'm used to seeing Connor in gi- when he's wearing a shirt, you can see his TEN-PACK right through it. And he's exactly my weight, too. I want to be ripped like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment