Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Okay, this is a bit perturbing.

I seem to have come through yesterday's little "Endurance Challenge" pleasingly unscathed. I didn't even take any NSAIDS last night. Some achiness in the knees, a bit in the hips. No shin splints, which is cool.

The only problem is my feet. I did end up draining both toe blisters last night before I went to bed, and upon closer examination of my soles (hee hee), I found that the reason it hurts so much to put my foot down on the floor is that I have humongo fifty-cent-piece-sized blisters right in the center of the bottom of each heel. I lanceted them both several times, but they won't drain- I only got one drop of liquid (if that) from each poke. I'm afraid to make big slices. The bottoms of my feet are like granite from doing so much barefoot (and frequently outdoor) martial arts.

3 comments:

  1. IMHO in the future DON'T lance blisters! They are designed to protect damaged skin and if you remove the fluid, you remove the cushion/protection plus you open the skin to infection. Just cover them with a clean bandage and leave 'em alone :)

    I know the kinds of deep, dry blisters on your heels.. I have had them on the balls of my feet and the pads of my big toes. Suckos! Hope they heal quick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're not supposed to lance blisters, and I was going to leave them, but the ones on my toes were so big that they were causing unavoidable friction and they would have just kept swelling bigger if I hadn't lanced them.

    The ones on my heels are right where all the weight bears, and I literally can't WALK without putting all 128lb right on the blisters- so they really need to pop too, if only I could get through the incredible callus. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow! that sounds painful. I hope your blisters get better soon.

    ReplyDelete