Wednesday, February 2, 2011

That was a great workout. Somebody please shoot me.



Ever get to that place where you think, "That's it. That is the absolute bottom of the barrel- I got nothing left; not an atom, not a shred, I am DONE." And then you squeeze out just a crumb more.

I hit that space about seven times this morning. It's terrible. It's cool.

My cardio- which was never great to begin with- has degenerated noticably in just the three weeks I've been largely benched.

Same techniques as yesterday, and Rodrigo was driving us just as hard if not harder. This is the mode he goes into the week before a Revolution- I wonder if he plans to keep up this pace for the next month and a half! Eeep!

Still having a little trouble with these techniques- I hoped it would be easier because I had a partner with slightly shorter legs today- but I was still having some problems.

Drill, drill, drill, drill, drill.....Thought I was gonna die... If I'd been working with some random dude, I might have bailed on the last 15 min of positonal training, THAT'S how whipped I was.... and I *never* do that. But I was working with Dex, who is a good partner, and I didn't want to turn around and be a crappy and inadequate partner to him. That's one reason why it's important to like and respect your classmates; that can keep you motivated when nothing else will. (I did whine at him, though)

We finished the positional training, and I thought, "Good, now I can drag myself over to the sidelines and puke and then pass out," but then Rodrigo made us do pushups, triangles, collar-choke crunches, **SPRAWLS**- the evil man!

Finger held out okay, it's a little sore now. Still can't grip gi shoulder or sleeve adequately with it, which is frustrating. My knuckles are shredded from rubbing on the gi. I'll have to tape them for the rest of the week.

The saddest puppy in the pet shop window was back, too! Along with the guy he was rolling with when he got hurt. When Carlos saw that guy, he grabbed Brock and hid behind him, saying "Protect me! Protect me, Brock, I'm scared!"

(pic- Bianca, in the lavender gi)

1 comment: