Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ringworm sucks




“Oh, tonight we’re gonna drum till we fuckin’ EXPLODE.”  -Helen Bond (Medusa)





Monday FOD: 3 Step Arrow fragment.


Tuesday FOD: Catherine Dao


My assistant gave me an "energy shot" last night. Jury's still out. I had a really hard time getting to sleep.


Ringworm sucks. It also itches. Fiercely. There's only one spot, thank Gods, and I hope it goes away quickly. It's on top of my shoulder, which is weird. Even in no-gi, that area is covered by my short-sleeve rash guard. Anyway, the location suggests I may have gotten it at Cindy's, since that's the only place I don't wear a full gi- but I haven't been in there since May 16th, and incubation period is supposed to be 4 to 10 days. I was at Gracie's (both locations) right during that window, so that's my primo suspect. It's even possible I could have picked it up at Circus School.


It drives me nuts to be benched for some little thing like a finger or toe injury- this is worse, because I FEEL FINE.  But I'm not going to be the jerk who comes in and spreads ringworm.


I didn't really want to become the infamous Ringworm Poster Child, but I felt a duty to contact both Rodrigo and Cindy and let them know that there may be ringworm making the rounds.



Thurs: 134.5 (Argh) This benching right before my trip is not good timing, weightwise.


Fri: 133.5.


I'm going crazy here. The spot looks just the same (medicating morning and night, covering with bandaid).  I am allergic to latex, so now that I've had a bandaid on my shoulder for a week, I have a red itchy latex rash encircling the ringworm spot.


 Got a lot of my packing done for the trip yesterday, since I couldn't go to class. Got a bit of an allergy attack from the dust and mildew, searching boxes downstairs. Really bad nightmares, too.  I wake up so drained, exhausted and depressed after these nightmares.


Sat: Did some working out in the form of housework and yard work, including some heavy-duty dirt shoveling and vine extermination. Whomever introduced the invasive English Ivy to the Pacific Northwest should be strung up by the balls (although I dare say the villian is long dead and beyond the reach of my retribution). Not feeling much more love for my housemates at the moment. Once in a while, my sense of "I am am so very sick of looking at ALL THIS SHIT" overwhelms my sense of "I didn't make *any* of this mess, so why the hell should I be the one cleaning it up?"  More allergy issues (one of the reasons I hate cleaning; it always makes me physically ill). It was poor timing for a cleaning frenzy, but I was that bored. Hope I don't give myself a sinus infection right before my trip. THAT'll be a fun plane ride.


It still looks like I have a cherry LifeSaver sitting on my left shoulder, but today it looks a wee bit paler than yesterday (if that's not just wishful thinking). Please go away!!! Tonight the latex rash from the badaids is actually more red and swollen than the ringworm. I'm so relieved that no additional spots popped up anywhere else.


Sun FOD: Wood Monkey


Thursday: 132.0


Ringworm is less red, less swollen, but still very much present. It has a huge, irritated bandaid-rash star star around it, even though I did find some non-latex bandaids to use. Goingt o go to the little "spot" bandaids, if they will stay put. I am looking forward to this entire unfortunate chapter being OVER when I get back to town. I want to go back to class!

5 comments:

  1. My ringworm isn't gone yet, but I've been covering it with tape and going to class anyway. It's never exposed, so hopefully I'm not spreading it. I had to start putting pre-wrap on under the tape, because it was cutting my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we've been having a big flame war on Jiu Jitsu Forums about whether or not it's okay to train with ringworm. I don't feel okay about going in. I'm unhappy that I caught it, and I don't want to risk doing that to somebody else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have some baby foxes? (Picture taken by a friend in his back yard.)

    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7245/7377418506_32c32499de_z.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Are you sure they're foxes, though? They look like coyotes to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, coyotes - they were introduced to me as baby foxes, and what can I say? I'm a bit suggestible. Even though I was kind of thinking "huh, kind of canine like, doncha think?"

    ReplyDelete