Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm the sh!t!




No man, however civilized, can listen for very long to African drumming, or Indian chanting, or Welsh hymn singing, and retain intact his critical and self-conscious personality. –Aldous Huxley





E-mail from Tasara, re: Turtle Drum:
------------------------
GREAT JOB, KITSUNE!!  People LOVED you!!   XXXOXOO     You silly woman.
------------------------



E-mail from Tiffany:
--------
Kitsune, your opening of the circle was BEAUTIFUL!  I am inspired by the way you called in the directions, it was welcoming for everyone, it was other than boring or intimidating for those that were new to the circle and/or calling in directions, and you sang it so well!!!
-----------


On Facebook, from another attendee:
-------------------
Ken commented on Monthly Indoor Ceremony_ Hosted by Kitsune_ These have been getting very powerful:
This was our biggest indoor jam so far 28 + I believe was the count. Kitsune is the shit. Songs and light sabers. Damn.
---------------------



Whew!!!    :P    ;)



################
Lunchtime BJJ, GB Sea.  Stuck behind that goddamn train for 20 min, and so late to class. I hate that train.


Standup- opponent punches at your face, you parry, overhook the arm, move beside opponent and hug hir around the waist with other arm. Move hips, hip throw. KOB. Note- when being thrown, draw your arm back- otherwise Angela will throw you, KOB you and then armbar you.


Pendulum sweep. Note that you can put your foot on opponent's knee and push it back. The foot that you are grabbing to "talk on the phone" with- try to capture it closer to the ankle than the knee. Also try to keep the leg until you are settled into mount.


Opponent stands up in your guard- the grab-the-backs-of-the-ankles attack. To get on top- pick a side and lean your torso over there. The opposite side shin goes BACK. I hope that we drilled this enough times that I will remember it. I like this attack, but I am often too slow to get on top once I take the person down.


One roll with Bryan, one with Z, one with John.



###################

Evening gi class, Sleeper Athletics.


I couldn't stay for the entire class tonight, but came for drills. More side control escapes. We reviewed one of the ones from last week, plus:


You are in bottom side control. Use your foot to catch opponent's near ankle. S/he will likely switch to scarf. As s/he does this, you push hir cheek away, walk your hips/feet **WAY** out, lift your feet and catch the head, sit up. Now you are in scarf (on top!)   My usual error is that I fail to get the legs far enough out, and thus I cannot reach the head with my feet.


You are in bottom side control. Use the hand nearest the opponent to grab hir pants. Use your other elbow to push on the face. Crank opponent back as far as you can, then bridge violently and throw your feet over to the other side of hir body. Belly down. Now you are in top side control.




CK e-mails that she talked to CN and pitched him my request (train me and I'll pay you). He said that he'll contact me after he gets his act together some. Again, not going to hold my breath. It sure would be nice, though. Crossed fingers.


1 comment:

  1. Just as a comment, CN's initial response was "I *miss* Rilla!" I mean, I'm sure cash would be a motivator - but I don't think it would be his primary motivator. I'll try to remember to poke him on FB if after, say, six weeks or so he hasn't gotten in touch with you. (Unless his life is in obvious chaos. It is a pretty big transition for him right now.)

    Similarly - if he does get in touch with you, do let me know ;-)

    ReplyDelete