Saturday, July 27, 2013

That's not very much.



Those who have never approached their bodies as temples have no idea of what they are missing. The frog at the bottom of the well sees only a fraction of light and believes it to be the whole sky. The same happens to those who have lost the address of their bodies.
-Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path




134.5 and holding...


Housemate, upon viewing my breakfast: Oh, so that's your......uh, "food".... I guess....

Kitsune: Grumblegrumblegrumble

Housemate: Wow, that's not very much.

Kitsune: Grumblegrumblesnarl



Saturday at GB Seattle.  I got to see many people that I don't regularly see... Black belt Lindsey, John (whom I was able to congratulate for his promotion), Cornelia. Also, a bunch of the Bothell crew was there. There are many hardworking newbies at the now-defunct Bothell pod that I was worried about losing in the move, so I was happy to see this batch.

Same technique we did on Wednesday, only this time the attacker went to front mount and left enough room to entice the victim to try to turn out and escape- at which point back-taking happened.

I worked with Crisanne, who busted her buns (even more so with encouragement and urging). She is so small that I was able to make her catch air as I was hurling her to the mat... I kept asking "Am I hurting you? Let me know if I'm going too hard." I also advised her to not let me push her flat on her back- to try to keep her ribcage turned a bit toward me in order to protect her ribs. I learned that the hard way on Wednesday when I was grunting and gasping under Ron's side control.

Standup: foe grabs your lapel. You grap hir wrist with both hands, thumbs down. Step in and elbow to the face (if self-defense scenario), rake elbow down torso, step behind hir near foot and wrap near arm around hir waist while continuing to control the wrist with your other hand. Your head/shoulder should be against hir body so that you can use it to trip hir backward over your foot.

One roll with Cornelia, one with (blue belt) Lindsey.... Hmm, I think I did one more, but I can't remember with whom.

Peter was promoted to brown belt!

I haven't seen Kelly this week, and I'm worried- she had sworn up and down that I didn't injure her elbow seriously, so I hope that was the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment