Monday, February 17, 2014

Do I get to keep it?



RCW(Revised Code Washington) 9A.16.010
Definitions.


unless a different meaning is plainly required:

     (1) "Necessary" means that no reasonably effective alternative to the use of force appeared to exist and that the amount of force used was reasonable to effect the lawful purpose intended.

     (2) "Deadly force" means the intentional application of force through the use of firearms or any other means reasonably likely to cause death or serious physical injury.
-----------------
Sunday lunchtime BJJ in Seattle. I was happy to see Ben and Aussie Dave walk in.

We were all purple belts and up. I was the lowest-ranked person in the room! That was weird. That hasn't happened in a long time.

As usual: king of the hill from different positions.

During one break, I noticed the black belt and two brown belts having a belt-tying workshop. I asked, "Don't you guys know how to tie your belts yet?!" Black Belt Nate said, "This method does not come off- ever." I said, "Next time I roll with you, I'm going to try to take it off!"

So I did. I got his belt off, and asked, "Do I get to keep it?" "Only if you can take it off me *AND* choke me out with it." I looped the belt around his neck, and then froze up! "I can't do it... this just feels so..... wrong and disrespectful!"
------------
Belly-banded it for the last few days. Like it better than the clip holster. I can feel the band, but I don't really notice the bulk or weight of the gun most of the time. Still feel a little stiff, but not as bad as with the holster.

No comments:

Post a Comment