Saturday, October 11, 2014

That's just what I was in the mood for today.




An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

Holy adipose, I'm down two entire pounds after my Grudge Match with Lindsay last night. We really need to do that more often so that I can get back down to weight. I wonder how much I would have lost if I hadn't just laid there on the bottom the entire time. 

Sore, though. And tired. And headachey. I really did not feel like going to class today. But I did.

Saturday no-gi at Kirkland. It was so nice to see Cindy, whom I have not seen in months.  I also have not done any no-gi in months.

So I walk in and there's Pedro- yeah, the really strong teenage wrestler who has enough energy to probably sprint around the circumference of the planet about twelve times without a rest break. I was like, "Oh yeah, that's just what I was in the mood for today," It'll probably be takedowns, too.

Happily, it was not takedowns (or at least mostly not takedowns). Lengthy warmup (which tired out all of us EXCEPT Pedro).   Then, the same arm attacks from side control that we did on Thursday night. Then, positional sparring from side control with varying objectives, varying degrees of intensity, and varying partners.

Then a few spars. From standup. I spent a lot of time squashed on the bottom again today. I also committed my signature sin of letting one arm get trapped up by my head, three times, with Pedro.  To his credit, he is getting better about being more careful to not kill grandma, although he is still using too much muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment