Monday, February 16, 2015

Wash



There are some possibilities for non-concussive unconsciousness without significant brain trauma- strangles (sleeper holds, vascular restraints… there are a lot of euphemisms)- the person goes out for twenty seconds plus, and unless there is a pre-existing condition (heart problem, arterial plaque or blood vessels weakened by excessive drug use) there are no ill effects. –Rory Miller

Friday evening BJJ in Bellevue. All spars.

Sat: I had lofty plans of BJJ followed by more yardwork, but my car died on the way to class. So I ended up spening the afternoon hiking across Bellevue to the Rent-A-Wreck instead. Missed class, and when I finally got home, it was raining. The day was a wash.
 

2 comments:

  1. Um, you live in Seattle, so isn't saying "it was raining" redundant? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but something you have to understand is that for the last fifteen years, I've been living in a home tucked into a little wet moldy valley. It NEVER really dried out down there, so even when it wasn't actively raining, the world was still quite soggy. I firmly specified that my new abode needed to get *some* sun exposure. It still rains a lot, but I get great sun in the mornings, so things actually dry out. We've already had a number of GORGEOUS yardwork days here.

      Delete