Monday, October 18, 2010

"Ow- your cup-"..... "I'm not wearing a cup...."

Body: "Uh, wait a sec. I'm not down with this."

Kitsune: "Huh?"

Body: "Seriously. No BJJ this morning."

Kitsune: "Are you kidding me? We're sitting in the school parking lot. You could have said something earlier."

Body: "I say that I don't feel like going to practice EVERY SINGLE MORNING. You don't listen. If you did, we'd never get out of bed."

Kitsune: "Come on, be reasonable. We're already here. Can't you just gimp through an hour of class?"

Body: "No can do."

Kitsune: "**%^$#!!!"


Yes, I actually got up, got dressed, drove all the way into Seattle to sit in the parking lot and have this schizophrenic conversation with my body and then drive all the way right back home. Obviously my body and I need to work on our communication skills.



Later............

Monday evening gi at Cindy's. More dead bugs. They still hurt.

Basic guard break, double under's, "seat belt", then pass to the side. I tried to be moderately "mean" about the forearm to the throat and the stack- even to grabbing the waistband and hitching up a little more to get a few extra inches of squeeze. After that, get full mount by pushing opponent's leg down, or over; or by stretching his neck till he either puts the leg down to chase you, or you get a wide enough angle so that you can slip in.

I was working with George, a purple that I've never seen before. He was gentler about the choke and the crank than Cindy was when she used me for her demo dummy. Although she has begun to toss in the occasional "Sorry Kitsune," while she crushes me.

The a little closed guard positional training- pass vs sweep or submit. George was not unduly rough, but nor did he let me do anything. He is bigger, stronger, much more technical (and at least tonight, faster). I think if the session had lasted much longer, I would have had to ask him to dial it down a few notches so that he wasn't just plowing through me, and let me try to work something. Cindy had told him to triangle me- which he did repeatedly and with gusto. I couldn't put up any kind of a fight.

There wasn't much rolling time left, since the capoiera class starts at 7:30 and we had to clear out. But I did a few rolls with Spencer. I said, "Don't smoosh me, okay?" And he was good, but of course I didn't get much. He was doing a lot of stretching me out in the Chinese splits, and at one point I yelped. "Yahhh! Your cup is crushing my knee." "My shin?" "Uh, could be..." "Cuz I'm not wearing a cup." "Okay.... it was something REALLY hard... I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here..." "{Giggles}" "{Giggles}"

As we were putting on our shoes, he asked me if that roll had been okay, and not too rough. I told him that I give the "don't crush me" disclaimer to everyone, and it's not because he did anything bad last time. It's nice of him to pay attention, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment