Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Patience is a virtue. One that I don't have.

Wednesday morning gi BJJ at Cindy's.

Cindy's knee is not getting any better. :( She won't stay off of it, of course, which I'm sure isn't helping.

We did a little rolling to warm up while we were waiting for Lamont (see?). She says that one thing I really need to work on is the fact that I tend to give my opponent too much space. Especially the top half of hir body; for instance when I'm in top half guard and fighting the legs, meanwhile I forget to adequately control the opponent's upper body. I also continue to be in too much of a panicked rush. She wants me to get side control, get an underhook, get a good gable grip (there's that grip, again), and then just Take a Pill and Chill for a minute. I tend to try to mount the person almost immediately upon getting side control ("You don't even wait long enough to get your points!!") I am so afraid that the person is going to get away, or I'm going to get in trouble for stalling, or that the opponent is going to think I’m a boring date if I don't hurry up and make a move, or something. It drives me nuts to just lie there. Lamont told me, "Just lie there until you hear Cindy from the sidelines telling you to do something!" So I lay there on him while he tried to escape, and then finally he mimed a claustrophobic panic attack and started flailing his arms around and screaming. (See what I have to work with, here? Is it any wonder that I am the way I am?)

In deep half guard- get your head in DEEP, like, REALLY REALLY deep- otherwise don't even bother, because they're just going to crossface you right out.

Another thing- opponent in turtle. Get both lapels, get ONE hook, and peel hir out.

We drilled a sweep from guard- I know it has a name, but I can't recall. You hug the opponent to your chest with hir arm trapped, then underhook one of hir thighs, hip out, and sweep. Alternative- take the back.

I told them that I didn't feel like being mean to Alicia even when she was mean to me… Cindy wishes she could give me some of her mean. Chase is being really difficult to deal with- like, difficult enough to be getting kicked out of various classes. I still don't want to be mean to him, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment