Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday


Chi, outlaw Taoist wanted in vain by the inquisition of Western science; the breath of a God forgotten in a mortal body; nightmare of the laws of physics; Zen warrior of our will; fuel in the engine of the universe. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path


124.0 on the scale Monday morning, in spite of the McDonald's cheeseburger and fries *and* a mini Luna Bar (chocolate peppermint stick) right before bed. And as I said, I didn't work particularly hard in class Sunday night, except for that one spar. I haven't made a BJJ class since Wednesday, either.

Monday's Form Of the Day is the Leopard At Dawn fragment.


Tuesday- the Form Of the Day is Leopard Three.

123.5. Okay, below 124: officially too thin.

It will be interesting to see what happens with my weight while I'm out of town next week. Back when I was a Herald minion, I could count on losing several pounds at PSG and returning home skinnier than I'd been all year. Now, it really depends on the luck of the draw as far as *MY* minions. If I have really good volunteers, I get to sit on my butt with a notebook and FRS in my hand and give orders much of the time. If I have unreliable volunteers, I have to do a lot of my own running around, sometimes to the point of having to do the work of two or even three.

Tuesday lunchtime BJJ at Gracie Bellevue.

Two of the teenage girls from the self-defense class were there. That makes me happy. I hope they continue to train.

A few people asked me about the scratch on my face left by Nemesis on Sunday. It's not a bad one, but unfortunately part of it is located right where my glasses sit. I had a pink Hello Kitty bandaid on it at work yesterday. The Gracie folks mostly wanted to make sure no one HERE had done that. LOL.

A couple of hip throws... lots of reps.... cardio workout. I was working with John, and we were both puffing hard. In fact he had to ask for a short pause to lean over and stand there with his hands braced on his knees for a few moments.

Side control to KOB to mount, using the knees to pry elbows out of the way. Every time John did KOB (we had been ending the throws with KOB as well), my hipbone whimpered, "Ow! Could use a little more padding here!" Sorry, hipbone, I am going to try to put a pound or two back on. (I'm treating a friend to lunch tomorrow, that oughtta do it.)

One spar with Sonia. I was having one of my not-so-hot days. She was on top of me most of the time, and her shoulder pressure was very very impressive. I had to tap once to one of those vicious chokes that has the fist in the side of your neck, so that it's hitting pressure points, and you have to tap to pain as much as to the choke. She tried it once and I held out, then I made the mistake of confessing to her that I'd almost had to tap to that, so she laid it on again and got me. Shoulda kept my mouth shut till after the roll!


Tuesday evening BJJ at Gracie Seattle. Allie is back! It's been a year-ish. She said she didn't recognize me with hair, LOL. Also, a blue belt woman (Gina) from Ivan Salaverry MMA. Cornelia's leaving next week, though, to go back to Europe. Sniff.


Got to work with John, always good. Standing rear chose defense, then more of what we did this afternoon (along with an upa after the mount).

Some positional training from closed guard: pass guard vs sweep only. I wasn't doing so hot against John, of course.

After that I was tired, and there are a few things I need to get done tonight, so I called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment