Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday


Ultimately what I believe, or don’t believe, doesn’t really matter. The only thing that beliefs do for me is close my mind to different possibilities. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path


Today's Form Of the Day is the Northern Mantis Bo form. Did it with a Swiffer in the living room just now.

124.5. I had a big fat French Dip sandwich at lunch. I did manage to say no to all but 3 of the chips that came with it.

I was not in morning class today because I was in a hot tub singing "Fever" a capella to my Sweet Young Thing. (Did I just type that?)

In the afternoon, more BJJ on a wood floor, with SK. I went over scissor sweep, pendulum sweep, and the side-control-to-mount transiton that we did at Gracie's this week. Drilling these till tired. Having to try to make some adjustments against someone with very long arms and legs. I think I may be getting a bit spoiled by working with mostly the same pool of drill partners at Gracie's- good partners, some of the smaller people, but I was clumsy enough with SK today that I am thinking I need to try to at least ask some of the larger, longer-limbed guys for free rolls more often.

My knees suffered the most on the wood floor today- they are masses of bruises now. SK tapped me with a keylock- curses! I didn't tap him, but I did get a few reversals (which are more exciting than subs for me, since I rarely pull off sweeps) and some decent escapes.


Evening BJJ at Cindy's. I got caught in traffic again and missed warmup. We drilled a cool wrestling-like takedown (taking down to knees... oooowwwwwwwwwwwwww), then a double-leg. Then sparring. Once with Cindy, twice with JB. I finally got a keylock on JB, but I had to twist her arm practically off her shoulder to get it, the flexible minx. I though it was going to come off in my hand like a turkey drumstick before she tapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment