Thursday, September 20, 2012

Your underpants are on Candid Camera!




…Violence… is the most international and oldest language there is. It is common to all societies. It is attached to the very fabric of life. Depending on their fighting ability, every animal on earth ends up taking on the role of predator or prey. Not only nearly all animals fight, but even the cells inside our bodies fight against germs and bacteria. No one who lives in a physical body can completely ignore the language of violence. Whether by choice or not, anyone may have to deal with it. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

I did just the competition class today. Got in five min early and watched the end of the basics class. That white belt that I don't want to roll with because I think he's too spazzy and slams subs on too fast- he slammed a sub on JP. JP yelled "!!!TAP!!!" and snapped something a little snippy at the guy and walked out. My analysis was correct.  If I ever get assigned to work with this guy, we are going to need to have a little talk before we start.

I rolled with Casey for a while, just easy flow-rolling.

Then An came in wearing street clothes and carrying his camera. Carlos asked him where his gi was- both gi's in the laundry- so he made An put on a loaner gi and get on the mat. I think An had just wanted to hang out and take some pics. ;)

He took some pics of Casey and me rolling, and Casey got markedly more energetic- I said, "Ha ha, you don't want any pics floating around of you getting subbed by me!! Thanks a lot, An!"

Then I rolled with An while Carlos took some pics. At one point, I was in top half guard and An's pants were creeping down in the back enough to show a few inches of his blue plaid boxers- Carlos came right up and took a close-up of this. An was turned the other way and he couldn't see, but I started cracking up and said, "You're going to find a few surprises on this roll of film!" He said, "Hey! I have kids!"

Between the two of them, I spent an hour of nice, not too intense sparring. Tried the baseball bat choke a few times, and didn't finish- but I got a couple of chokes and an armbar on An.

No comments:

Post a Comment