Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Claws



An individual who is truly alive should not settle for anything less than the totality of experience. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path



Wednesday evening in Bothell.

Feeling extremely weary before I even walked in the door; I was concerned that I wouldn't be much use tonight. Will was bouncing around the place like a cricket on Red Bull, which made me feel even more tired thinking of having to fight him later. I managed to last all the way through the spars, although if there hadn't been another class waiting to get on the mat, I probably would have been wilting out before the rest.

Same bear hug from the back escape as this morning, and adding the following:

You are in turtle with opponent sprawled on you head to tail. Grab both thighs, pick a side and stick your head out from under hir armpit. Look over hir back. Step out with your far foot, circle around, pick the opponent's legs up while your drive in with your shoulder and head. Get some pressure on hir chest as soon as you get hir down; go to side control.

Also: bottom side control escape with heist, go to turtle.

Girl white belt takes suggestions eagerly and gratefully. Unfortunately it sounds like the new schedule (starting a half hour later) is not good for her. I hope she'll still be able to come. I'd love to see her play with Crisanne. Wish she'd cut her fingernails, though. Ow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment