Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Back mount escapes


Sign above toilet at Bothell school:  "Hope your aim is better when you fight!"


Re: Assassin Songbird......

(Ratgirl): He's fighting with the 'bird' reflected in the glass. I had a crazy robin do that to my bedroom window a few years ago. He would switch Windows as the sun moved and created reflective windows.

Ah, spring!

(Kitsune): It's been almost a week!!!!!!! When is he going to give up????????

(Kitsune): There is literally a huge pool of guano under the window and a second one under the section of wire opposite the window where he takes his breathers between bouts. He is there ***ALL*** frickin' day long.

(Ratgirl): Dude! You are killing me! You should really make your living writing :-)
I think that stupid robin carried on for a couple of weeks. Ear plugs!

-------------------
Wednesday evening in Bothell.

Back mount escapes. With my extreme shortness, I continue to be challenged by trying to keep my weight on the opponent and still be able to get any traction on the mat. I also cannot reach across myself to fight the leg easily, unless I get my body *way* turned into the opponent first. Also, I cannot lie back on opponents chest and then remove the hook. I need to at least get AHOLD of the foot first, because once I lie back, I can't reach it.

Positional sparring from back mount.

One spar with Cindy and one with Eric. Cindy pulled her current favorite little trick on me a few times, but I am slowly getting better at seeing it coming and avoiding putting myself into the setup for her.

Eric- same old same old- defensive, on the bottom. I again managed to avoid taps and injuries. I spent most of my time in bottom half guard. He kept getting out (with much work), but I would immediately replace it. I could tell he was getting frustrated (and tired). I think if the time limit was longer, I might eventually be able to wear him out enough to start working... but it would take longer than 8 min. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I got here from Georgette's blog and decided to drop you a line. Re: Defending the back: have you thought about using Saulo Ribiero's technique to escape? He's also short and instead of putting his weight onto his opponent, he negates the leverage by moving his bum forward, away from him/her. Here's a video on the technique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtkxKvdxiNY

    As an aside, thanks for writing! I know you think only one or two people read it, but I'm grateful to be one of those few. Oss!

    ReplyDelete