Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday spars


There is an element of leadership to training as well.  Consistently, good leaders push the power down.  Every leader you have ever had that you truly respected trusted you.  Told you that you were trusted.  And you were given as much responsibility as you could handle.  Being loud and aggressive and telling people they are wrong may feel like leadership, but from the outside we all recognize that an insecure prick is not a leader.  –Rory Miller


Evening "black belt" class at Bellevue.  A little positonal sparring from back mount, then rotating spars. Had a really fun roll with Doug. I tried a couple of S-mounts on him, and he pointed out a bow-and-arrow opportunity as well as an armbar opportunity for me to try to set up from there. Ed armbarred me three times running from different positions. Often I can jerk my stubby arm down enough to get my elbow below the crotch- but with Ed, everything is just so TIGHT. Those "fun-sized" guys are the worst, once they get to those levels! I pressed Crisanne really hard- KOB, choke threat, KOB, KOB, choke threat, rinse and repeat at full speed. She was huffing and puffing and sweating, but she fought really hard and did everything right.

No comments:

Post a Comment