Monday, November 18, 2013

Next stop: Vanquishville



Writing advice:

If you try to edit the passionate to make it more clear, you will ruin it.

If you try to edit the clarity to make it more passionate, you will ruin it.

Run with the type of good that you have. 

 –Rory Miller



129

That gal who murdered me at the comp last weekend got her purple belt this week.  I should have her to fight in gi for future Revolutions, I hope.

I registered for Proving Grounds II for just no-gi.

Monday lunchtime BJJ in Kirkland.

KOTH from various positions. 

Then Cindy and I drilled no-gi standup: one hook behind the head, other bicep grip of some stripe. Then duck under on the bicep side (keep very close to opponent, head up) and hug from the back. Gable grip. Place feet behind opponent's feet, toes out. Situate center of gravity ABOVE opponent's COG. Then sit, with opponent in your lap. (If you fail to place your center of gravity above hirs before you do this, you will pull hir down right on your belly.) Hooks in. Choke.

A little sparring with Cindy and Dave.

The Defeatist Beast was hanging hard on my back today. I couldn't seem to do anything right, and I wish I could say that I even gave a shit enough to be frustrated. In the land beyond Frustrated lies the blighted kingdom of "Why Bother? I can't do this. Fuck it."  I hate finding myself here, but it seems to be a regular stop on the tour. There doesn't seem to be anything to do but put one's head down and push through it.

1 comment: