Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Stubborn bitch



Intent
Means
Opportunity
Preclusion



Sat: 127
Sun: 127.5

HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP. Amanda Loewen did a sub-only comp today and went SIXTY FOUR MINUTES with TAMMY GRIEGO. Bow down.

Mon: 127.5
Tues: 127.5
Weds: 128.5 (I had a McDonald's meal after work.... it was a long day).


Evening BJJ at Kirkland.

Back mount escapes. Defend against choking arm, lie back to the NON pillow side (follow opponent's pointing fingers) on hir thigh, use matward hand to remove hook as you keep weight on hir chest, grap pants on the OTHER leg and remove that hook as well, take side control.

Same thing, only opponent is a little more of a barnacle this time- perhaps grabbing half guard- and you have to put your elbow back and grind on hir jaw. Cindy made a bit deal of emphasizing to Izzy that THIS IS NOT MEAN.

Now, opponent tries to mount as you escape. Grab the leg and shove it between your knees, replace full guard.

Positional sparring from back mount with Izzy and Chelsea. I am very obviously still slumping.... although I will say in my own defense that both of these ladies have very solid basics and are very strong, and at least a couple of weight classes above me. Must remember to not try to work standup with Izzy- JUDO ALERT. That did not end well for me. I did get a sorta-takedown on Chelsea, though. I couldn't set her upfor the livestock takedown nor the backtake with sit, so I ended up doing some crazy thing that incorporated both. Got her down and got side control. It was exciting. (This victory turned out to be very short-lived, as you will soon see.)

  Lamont and Terry had both come schlepping in during positional sparring, and would not let me leave. I was tired and slumpy and already frustrated, and not in the mood to get tromped by Terry and Lamont- but I almost never get to see them any more, so here we were.

I got put with Chelsea first... and almost an hour later, there we still were.

Trapped in bottom half guard a lot (surprise surprise). She doesn't seem to have good command of many sub options, otherwise this would have been a rout. She does not like to tap, either.... she did a couple of hard crossfaces and other things that I might normally tap to, but after we had been fighting for about eight years, I didn't want to tap to that. Nor did we want to quit, even though Terry offered to swap one of us out. Eventually we started good-naturedly calling one another "stubborn bitch", etc.

Then I was on top (holy cow) and trying to finish a gi choke, and she didn't seem to be fighting too hard. Thank you God, I'm finally going to get this. I could hear her and Terry talking to each other in coversational tones, and although I couldn't catch what they were saying, I assumed he was coaching her. Then she snarled abruptly, "Get **OFF** me!!!" and I popped off, startled. "Sorry! I didn't feel a tap." Turns out they had been discussing the looming end of class time (and the capoiera class that was wanting our mat), and had agreed something along the lines of "we're stopping now." only I was focussed on what I was doing and not hearing this. And of course the stubborn bitch would not signal this with a tap! Ha ha. I apologized again. I hope she's not irritated with me. It was a really good fight.

Terry wanted to leglock me a couple times before we got kicked off the mat. I was ready to fall over- tired and stupid enough to hang off his turtle with one knee between his feet, even though I know better.

Kitsune: "Your girlfriend is tough."
Terry: "This I know."
K: "And stubborn."
T: "Again......."

---------------
I keep having these recurring nightmares about my cats getting either lost or killed, or me searching frantically for them, or me forgetting that they exist and then remembering too late in a panic. I've had them all my life. This is one of the dreams that I tend to have in response to too much stress. I have assumed that the cats were metaphors for all sorts of things. Earlier this week I had one wherein I "forgot" that I had a cat, then went searching frantically for it later, expecting it to be dead- only I did eventually find it and it was alive and in good shape. That's the first time that ever happened. I didn't know what to think when I woke up.

Last night I had another one of the standard "forgot I had cats" dreams, only this time I actually asked someone to verify that I had had them.... I was trying to get some sort of explanation or at least confirmation of WTH was happening. I didn't get any answers, but again- deviation from the script.

I'm beginning to think that the cats are a metaphor for "soul loss". I have an acquaintance in the clergy who has a speciality in this. If I keep having these nightmares, I think I am going to need to gear up to ask him about it. I feel like there's nothing I can do about it because I cannot journey. But maybe he would have some suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment