Friday, May 27, 2011

Guillotines and headlocks


Turn your body into a temple and nature starts talking to you. It brings you back to a wilder, more authentic state. Nature is not just a name to identify what we have not yet covered with concrete and asphalt. It is life lives without fear, without sense of guilt; life not enslaved by the artificial rules of a society which has lost it center. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path



Today's Form Of the Day is the Tai Chi open-hands long form. Haven't done it yet, but I'll get in a rep before bed. I did get in a few reps of that Mantis thing from yesterday.

127.0 this morning wearing no-gi outfit.

Friday evening BJJ at Cindy's. Only the die-hards there on Memorial Day weekend Friday: me, Leilani, Lamont and George. We worked on triangle drills. Always a good one for me. Maybe after eight or ten years of triangle drills, I'll be able to pull them off! We also drilled a way to take the back starting from guard.

Rolls with Leilani and George. I still have to favor my right hand- and ask them to not grab it- but I can kinda function now. I am having to do some different things- for instance, the first thing I usually do at the start is to grab a deep cross-collar grip with my right hand. Since that hurts right now, I have to find other things to do. Might be a good way out of a rut.

I repeatedly tried guillotines and headlocks on George, but couldn't finish any. A couple of times, though, he made weird noises- and I thought he was about to tap. Once I asked him if he was okay, because it seemed like he was about to go out. No luck. Cindy didn't like all my headlocking, since she said it made it too easy for George to go to my back.

It's so nice to be able to roll some, even if it's light rolling. I've really missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment