Saturday, May 28, 2011

Promotons


People talk much about ecology and the need to slow down the crisis of the global ecosystem, but there can be no solution to the problems of nature unless we can find nature within. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path


Today's Form Of the Day is the Tai Chi long open-hands form- again. I discovered that I do *not* have video on this one, and when I went through it last night, there were a few blank spots.


Lunchtime BJJ at Gracie Seattle. It was promotions/pictures day, so we spent a lot of time standing in a line clapping, and then some positional training and open mat.

JB got a stripe! Bryan got promoted to brown, and Peter got promoted to purple. Cornelia, Bianca- heck, almost everybody got a stripe, including me. I knew it was close to time, but I wasn't really expecting one since I've spent so much of the last six months on the bench with one injury after another.

Pass guard vs sweep with JB, then the black belt from Ballard whose name I didn't catch (he told me that I have good base!). Then a roll with Bianca and one with Cornelia. My finger got pretty smooshed with Bianca, since I kept having to stick my fingers in my own collar to defend her gi chokes. She didn't get a tap on me, though, which I consider to be a good showing (especially with an injured dominant hand). Cornelia did get a tap, but it took a long time. We must have rolled for fifteen or twenty minutes straight. She was on top more than I was, but it wasn't a rout. At last I stuck an arm out too far, and she armbarred me.

No comments:

Post a Comment