Thursday, March 15, 2012

More Thursday




“I have many skills.” –Xena, the Warrior Princess


I'm in trouble. A Little Ceasar's has opened in Woodinville. I'd be in worse trouble if it had opened in Redmond or Bellevue- Woodinville is not exactly on my way to anything- but trouble nonetheless. My college town had a Little Ceaser's. I used to go in there all the time and get a stromboli and crazy bread. I don't think they do strombolis any more, but I checked the online menu for the new Woodinville LC's, and there it is. Crazy Bread. Mercy. I haven't had crazy bread in about fifteen years. I am in so much trouble. There are 800 calories in it- and it's only a side dish.


Evening BJJ at Gracie Bellevue.

I forgot to print out the newest schedule, so I showed up for class a half hour early. I used 15 min of that to do all of the tai chi open-hands forms, Touch Bridge, and Little Red Dragon. By then, there were too many people around, andI didn't want an audience.

Note that the Prof wants your attendance card even if it's your second class of the day. He sent me back out to the lobby for it while everyone waited. Embarrassing.

Same techniques as this morning. More embarrassing- I was still getting details wrong. Prof was a little annoyed with me, but not half as annoyed as I was with myself. He gave me kind of a hard time. Kelly was having trouble with the technique too, although she had more of an excuse because she hadn't already spent an hour today repping it. All the same, the bumbling of the two of us drew enough criticism from Carlos that Kelly was in tears again. I felt terrible. I should just stay away from that poor girl. If I'd partnered with somebody else, I would have lured at least half the criticism away elsewhere and she could have worked it out in peace.

I was hipped out and turned on my side, but not enough so in Carlos' opinion. Note that in the next step, your hand has to be posted when you go for the hip-up into your "bait" technical lift, and you have to be literally sitting in the opponent's lap. When you flip hir over, finish with that leg sticking straight up. I had to do a distinct pause there to make the prof happy. Both Kelly and I were apparently jumping the gun to get to side control quickly enough to be cheating the tail end of the technique. Oh, and you do get to SIDE CONTROL, not mount. If you mount, you'll get rolled over.

Two rolls, one with Dave, one with a four stripe white- I wasn't doing too well tonight. But tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment