Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday




Accept your power.




Friday: 131.5.  Two and a half down, seven and a half to go. I drank a SlimFast right before bed last night, because I was hungry enough that I was concerned that it would inturrupt my sleep. Scrambled eggs this morning. Housemate was cooking an elaborate, scrumptious-smelling breakfast. Sigh.  The Woodinville Safeway did not have the Foster Farms chicken breasts that I like today- and I have learned that the store brand is just a little too gristle-y for my taste. It is going to be an eggy week- which is just as well, as I have a whole carton with an exp date of tomorrow. I am over the first craving hump- I didn't even really _want_ any junk while I was at the supermarket today.


Set my alarm for the 6:30am class, but when it rang- well, the spirit was willing but the flesh was weak. If I had not done 3 clsses yesterday, I might have been more up for it. I really wanted to be able to make the Friday lunchtime class as well as no-gi at Sleeper in the evening, and I think one or both of those might have been a scratch if I'd insisted on showing up for  early-bird session.  I hope that when I get back in the groove a bit more, I will be competent to do 6 classes in 2 days.


By the time I was climbing the stairs at GB Seattle at lunchtime, I was wishing I'd taken an ibuprofen- that's how sore I felt. Lots of good work yesterday. How I wish I'd started this in my early 20's, when I probably could have done 3x a day all the time, and not felt sore or tired. Today I actually tripped and fell on my ass while we were doing outside-shuffles. Embarrassing. I think I was just a little bit asleep at the wheel.


When I came to class on Thursday, I had mentioned to Carlos that I wanted to choke somebody- he was still ragging me about that today. I asked if he was going to let me choke him today, and Bryan said, "You have to EARN that!" I came up behind Steve while he was stretching, took his back and clock-choked him. He had been talking to Bryan, and when my arm went around his neck, he exclaimed, "What's this??!?" Bryan replied, "That would be taking the back!"


Just rolling today- 8 min matches. Steve, Bryan, Justin, Some huge white belt guy. That guy and I were the last two left staring at each other after everybody else had paired up. He actually tried to break up another pair and pawn me off on Angela, but I said, "Come on. Just don't use a lot of strength." I reminded him to be careful a few times as he was sliding into scarf, but he turned out to be a candidate for the "safe" list. You just never know with these gigantic new guys.


Note that I am repeatedly sticking my arms up into unsafe places while Bryan is on top of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment