Monday, July 2, 2012

Sunday




"Today we goan KEEL each other.” –Professor Carlos





Friday FOD: Cannon Fist.


Sore! Esp calves. Thursday lunchtime class always leaves me sore.


Fingerprint bruises are round/oval. Just like ringworm. My not-so-dearly-departed ringworm spot looked just like a fingerprint bruise for the first few days, before it took on that dreaded ring shape. Now I am obsessively scanning my epidermis (with a hand mirror, for the parts I can't see directly) constantly, raking through my hair, mapping all my little bruises- is that one??! Is it coming back??! What about this one?!! OMG, I feel an itch behind my ear!!!! Hey, what's that on your wrist??!!  Did you see that guy's ankle??! I have chronically dry skin and I'm allergic to the world, so I tend to be rather itchy on a normal basis- now I'm deathly certain that every little phantom skin tingle is is a fresh case of ringworm.  I have developed a full-blown ringworm paranoia.  I stepped out of the shower yesterday and caught a hazy glimpse of a pink roundish spot on my collarbone, in the foggy mirror- I just about had a heart attack, lunging across the counter for my glasses- it was a bruise, just a bruise. Geez.


Grocery store. Eggs. Chicken breasts. Not just one bag but TWO bags of carrots.  No candy. No Corn Chex. No mustard pretzels. Sigh.  I switched to diet Sprite after lunch last night, and had scrambled eggs when I got home. I feel rightous. And deprived.



Saturday FOD: Spear Hand fragment. Note that with the little hop, the palm strike is with the LEFT hand.


My assistant saw me munching doggedly on my big bag of carrots, and commented, "If you eat too many carrots, you'll turn orange." I replied, "I'll stop if I win, place, or show."


Sunday FOD: Tai Chi long form.  Didn't weigh myself, but I look better in the mirror already.



Partial Notes on Tai Chi forms (yes, it took me a while, but I did get back to it! More later):

*Pay attention to weight shifts

Do not let straight knee collapse inward on lunges, etc.

Drop weight

Pay attention to pelvic tilt

Drop shoulders

No "Peter Cottontail"- Do not rise up on toes and bob up and down on turns and steps. This is also happening when your feet come together. Keep head on same level throughout.

Steps out in front- make sure they are diagonal

Do not push fingers out visibly on "zombie" pose. Pull in and then drop

More body movement and less arm movement

On White Crane Spreads Its Wings- turn left toe out

"Walk Like an Egyptian": these are diagonal steps

Crane's Neck vs Hook Hand- not the same thing!

Brushing twist step: hips are diagonal, but chest is facing forward. Change weight to back leg before beginning next movement.

Before turn into White Crane Spreads Its Wings: hands at center line BEFORE you turn. Left hand on rt elbow.



I want a cheesecake. Not *some* cheesecake. *A* cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment