Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"I'm experiencing it."




When human beings lose their connection to nature, to heaven and earth, then they do not know how to nurture their environment or how to rule their world- which is saying the same thing. Human beings destroy their ecology at the same time that they destroy one another. From that perspective, healing our society goes hand in hand with healing our personal, elemental connection with the phenomenal world. –Chogyam Trungpa, Shambala: the Sacred Path Of the Warrior


Wednesday evening BJJ at Kirkland.

Same techniques as this afternoon, minus the replacing-guard-from-turtle and from under the sprawl. 
Techniques were a bit easier with a partner my own size (Thanks Pam).

Positional King Of The Hill from back mount. Room divided into "small guys" and "big guys"- the former consisting only of me, Pam and Dave- so very little rest for the three of us.

Several spars, all with experienced blues and above. That's very exhausting. I was on the bottom quite a bit tonight, even with Pam. For some reason, everyone still kept telling me how awesome I was doing. I was confused, but what the hey- I'll take all the ego-stroking I can get.

I held Mike off with spider guard for a long time. "How d'ya like my spider guard?" "I'm experiencing it."

I was pretty darn tired by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment