Thursday, October 10, 2013

"Invigorating"



People talk much about ecology and the need to slow down the crisis of the global ecosystem, but there can be no solution to the problems of nature unless we can find nature within. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path



Sat: 130
Sun: 130

 I’m trying to find a snack substitute for me beloved yet carb-rich Sour Cream and Onion Baked Ritz crackers. The dried chunked coconut apparently is not going to be it. It does have added sugar- not a whole lot, but enough that my weight creeps up.

 I found a tennis ball and tried rolling it under my painful heel as suggested by CK and Coach Dynamo. I’ve taken the ball to work for two days, and used it while sitting at the computer in the office.  Jury’s still out on whether it is helping.

 Rory Miller suggests some intriguing homework: carry something unusual on you (like a small stuffed animal) as you go about your normal day, and see if you can keep it hidden. This would be a good way to ease into carrying a gun on a regular basis.

 Mon: 130.5

Found a plantar fasciitis shoe insert. It felt.... interesting to wear to work. I think any type of insert- including putting a rock in my sock- is going to relieve the PF to some degree just because it's forcing me to put my weight down on my foot differently. But as to whether that is going to translate to actually *helping* the PF..... preferrably without messing up my feet (and knees, and back) in other ways... hmmm.

KYS Productions has a promo video up for the next Proving Grounds. It is full of clips from the last PG. There's one of Joan looking like The Goddess Of Sweeps. A few of Hostility Boy beating the shinola out of some poor dude. Two clips of me- one of me being taken down and one of me being tapped out.  Lovely.  :P

Tues: 128.5

I can always tell when Carlos has written the blurb on the GB Bellevue website because the English is so creative. "This Saturday we don't gonna have kids class..." He writes exactly as he speaks.

The woman who stocks the about-to-expire 30%-to-50%-off bin at the Woodinville Safeway meat department gets very excited when she sees me.  (Craning to see what's in my earth bag) "What have we got today??!!?  CHICKEN THIGHS!!!!!!!!!" She exclaimed with such glee that I had to crack up.

Thursday: I am trying to be mindful of the fact that the November Revolution is only a month away, which means we are entering crunch time if I truly mean to drop four more pounds before then. Nevertheless, I had three breakfasts today. I had one, and a few hours later I was hungy again, so I had a second. After that, I was *still* hungry, and I know from experience that going to class hungry does not work out well. So I had a third.

I think I worked it off, though, as the Prof nearly killed us with drills today. He was doing the warmups at double-pace, and I thought, "Hmmmm, he looks disturbingly over-caffeinated today," This never bodes well.

1)Bullfight pass setup off spider guard.

2)Butt-scooting toward standing opponent to wrap body around the outside of hir leg, lie back, repeat on other side.

3)Kneel aside opponent, who in lying on hir side facing you. S/he puts topmost arm on your shoulder. You put up the knee closest to hir feet, then spin around hir head and armbar. DON'T FORGET TO GRAB THE PANTS!!!!

And again. And again. And again. And- just when we thought we were going to die- again.

Kitsune: "That was.... bracing."
John: "Invigorating!" (as he's squatting on the floor panting like a spaniel)

Then positional sparring from back mount.  I was so tired. I tried, but was not feeling very effective.

When we were finally done, I was too tired to breathe or blink.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment