Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dawn Patrol



Without a mind reminding it of its limits, the body discovers new sources of energy.
 -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path




Thursday: because my work schedule is schizophrenic, I was wide awake at 4:30 am and decided to go to Seattle and see what crazy people look like. That is, people crazy enough to go to the 0600 class.

At first, the only crazy people in evidence were the blue belt cop and myself. Later, eight more crazy people trickled in, including Steve (so this is where he's been hiding!) and Pat the Great Panda.

I spent a solid hour rolling with the blue belt cop, who is medium-sized but ALL muscle- seriously, it felt like rolling with a granite statue.

I wanted to roll with Steve, but after that, I was too tired. And getting really hungry.

3 comments:

  1. Did you notice a difference rolling that early in the day, or is it all the same once you get warmed up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all the same. I keep such weird hours that the time of day is meaningless to me. It's all about when I've last slept, and how much, and how poorly. I did find myself rather zombified when I got home, though. So much so that I actually gave an injection to the wrong cat. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I was in a bit of a daze a couple of years ago and switched the meds between my dog and I. After a panicked call to poison control, I found out it was luckily harmless for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete