Friday, January 3, 2014

That felt so good.




One must understand that slaughter cannot be spelt without laughter.



Was supposed to have another session with Tylik yesterday, but *her* teacher sent her away for being too sick to work out. So I ended up just taking her through the Starbucks drive-through and then back to where she was staying.  :(  But at least it appears that she refrained from sharing her plague with me.


Friday lunchtime BJJ in Seattle. Got there early and did a good stretch, then worked Chen Dao several times using the bar portion of a small barbell. The balance and length were interesting. Heavy enough to make me work. I was mostly focusing on balance and footwork, though.

Short warmup roll with Chrisanne (although I was already sweating from the dao).

Standup: single leg. Drills: pass guard to KOB, then to 1)kimura, or 2)spinning armbar. I felt pretty good with all of these, as soon as I figured out what Carlos wanted (he got a little impatient with me on the single leg.... sorry...)

I gave lots of feedback to Chrisanne... she always takes my advice to heart, and it's so nice to watch her work hard and get better and better.

One roll with a whitebelt guy, one with Cindy, one with (black belt) Lindsey. I was excited to show Lindsey how the tat had healed up. He's happy with how the color looks on my corpse-pale skin.

It was great to work with Chrisanne again, it's been a long time. I wish I had had enough gas left to ask Cindy to drill takedowns, but after Lindsey I was wiped right the heck out. He gave me good feedback and compliments, which was cool. It's been a while since I've rolled with him, too- he seemed impressed with my progress.

It was so nice to get back on the mats. Chrisanne's been off for a bit as well (altho not as long as I have), and we were both raring to go and ready to work our butts off, which we did, with one another's encouragement.

1 comment: