Thursday, January 23, 2014

Grape Ape class



The threat isn’t going to pick someone he has any doubt of beating, so he will be bigger and stronger.  There may be many of them. He or they get the first move, from surprise and from a position of choice. –Rory Miller


Thursday lunchtime BJJ in Bellevue.

All spars. All purple belts (except Kelly, who is on the cusp of promotion and definitely has the skillz). I got no taps. I myself did not tap. All good, technical rolls with excellent technical partners.

As has been happening lately for some strange but pleasurable reason, I felt like I knew what I was doing. I was relaxed. I did not get trapped on the bottom. I played bottom game with confidence and competance. I played top game  with much threatening of subs.... and *different* subs; chokes, armbars from both mount and guard, omoplatas. It was a good time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment