Friday, November 12, 2010

10 hours and counting.....

Wanted to go to class at Gracie's Seattle this morning, but still fighting that flu-or-whatever. I have really bad chronic allergies, so I'm used to having to work out through congestion and such- but the persistant headache that has accompanied this illness is a bitch. The sore throat's bad, too. Now I have laryngitis. Anyway, I skipped practice this morning, took a Nyquill, and went back to bed.



Evening... JB and I went over to Cindy's, and she wasn't there. She must be really, REALLY sick! I hope she will still make it to the tournament tomorrow! That would suck particularly for her little kids who are competing, to not have her there.

The mat was open, so JB and I rolled for two hours. I should have done some rolling with Alicia, but just never seemed to get around to it. Prolly for the best.... too much potential for injury! I asked JB to try to pull me into guard and triangle me a lot. She did get a couple of triangles; one I escaped and one I had to tap to (Razzafrackin............)

She tapped me once with that triangle and one other time with a keylock. I tapped her a couple of times with keylocks and twice with armlocks transitioned from failed keylocks... I am not very good at those, but I had nothing to lose at that point, so I decided to try- and they worked. I tapped her a few more times with other things... I got a number of keylocks and kimuras on her that would have made any NORMAL person tap, but she didn't because she is too flexible. Notably, I didn't get any guillotines on her tonight. I got one on her that she successfully defended using about 6,000lb of pressure with a shoulder in the side of my neck. I did a couple of mean things, but I apologized while I was doing them.

We started with gi and then went to no-gi. JB likes no-gi better, and is more skilled at it... I think because she's had more practice at it. She really should have signed up for the tournament in no-gi!

It was good to get that rolling with JB... challenging, but I feel safe with her and injury risk is low. Between work, illness, and the strife at Gracie's, I've had a much lighter practice week than normal.

Laryngitis, still, tonight..... a little bit of a dry cough, not much. Hopefully I'll be better in the morning... but as long as I'm not *worse*, I will be able to fight.

I have been 127.5 lb most of the week (first thing in the morning, naked). So I should be able to have breakfast and water tomorrow, and not have to worry too much about making weight. I can't WAIT for my pizza and M&M's pig-out afterward!!

Weigh-in call for gi- 9:30
weigh-in call for no-gi- 3:15

So no weighing in and then going for breakfast... no doing your gi matches and then going out for lunch before no-gi. Stuck there all day, and having to be careful of what you eat.

1 comment: