Wednesday, November 10, 2010

hornets, continued

(someone commented)
I'm guessing Cindy hasn't said anything about it?
---------------

That's another conversation that I am not looking forward to.

I wish I didn't have to tell her about this. It's my problem, not hers. But I'm going to have to explain why I'm bailing out of the tournament, and she is not going to be a happy camper. She's really put a lot of work and time and effort into helping me prepare for this tournament. She's kept training on an injured knee that she can barely WALK on. I'm afraid that she's going to be ticked off at Rodrigo, and that she's going to feel bad that this happened because I was trying to rep her school, and I most fear that she's going to feel let down by *ME* for tucking tail and dropping out of the tournament (again, after all her hard work).

It has not escaped my notice that I am the only adult on that registration list who listed Cindy's school. Am I the only Gracie Barra student who is crosstraining at Cindy's? No. Am I the only Gracie Barra student ON THAT TOURNAMENT LIST who is crosstraining at Cindy's? No sir. I am just the only one who had the balls to own it. Maybe that means the others are wiser and I'm a moron... or maybe it's just because I'm not Portuguese.... but where were THEIR senses of personal honor while they were USING Cindy to help their game and then dissing her by declining to rep her school?

1 comment:

  1. whooooooaaaaaa.... better don that protective gear... my heart goes out to you (and I'm still going to find a way to get you the video I promised...)

    ReplyDelete