Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trapped

This is not about training… I missed my class with RS, and I'm trapped like a rat here at the hospital, so I'm just writing to bitch.


I had rescheduled my session with RS for Monday evening at 7. It normally takes me maybe 35 min to get to CC's place; up to an hour and 15 if it's during Rush-Four-Hours. I left at 5:30, to give myself an hour and half, just in case. Monday it had snowed a bit…. Not even anything that we Michiganders would dignify with the word "storm". But Seattle people….. At the first snowflake, the entire populace spins into hysterical paralysis. All events were being cancelled; but if that was so, where were all these idiots on the roads going??!?

At 6:45 I was still trapped on 520, so I texted CC to say I'd be late. By 8:15 I was just getting on the bridge, and I was running on fumes (I had had PLENTY enough gas to get to Magnolia and back, but after almost three hours idling on the highway, it was a lot less gas). By the time I got off the bridge, it was after 9 and I knew that even if the return trip only took half as long, I'd still be late for work. I had to text CC and cancel, get gas and turn right back around. I was (and still am) really upset at missing this lesson, but no one can say I didn't make a Hurculean effort to get there. I then sat on the bridge facing the other direction for almost three hours. Got to work in Bellevue at a quarter to one (I was supposed to have been there at 11:15).

So yeah, I sat in the car from 5:30 till quarter to one, and I missed RS anyway. The morning staff has already phoned in saying they're not coming, so I am a prisoner here at the hospital for Christ only knows how long.

2 comments:

  1. Mega drag. On a more humorous note, you would REALLY crack up the way San Diegans drive in mere rain. Danger Will Robinson!

    ReplyDelete