Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday


Preston and I missed half the class because Google Maps sucks. After Google Maps sent me miles down the down from where he was, we next tried to meet up at a Rite Aid. BAD IDEA. We joke around here about there being a Starbucks on literally every corner, but by gosh, if you need a RITE AID, you won't have to look far. I never realized how many of them there are. At the first one I found, I was walking around the parking lot talking to him on the phone, and he was supposedly walking around the parking lot as well... but the only other person there was an elderly Asian guy. I thought, "He has been posting bogus pics," but it turned out to be the WRONG Rite Aid. I hit two more of them before I finally found Preston.

So, we were phenomenally late to class and missed the whole class, but at least we got some time to roll... and Cindy let Lamont lock up so that we could stay a little later.

I am happy to report that Preston is not a Spazzy Asshole. The guys seemed to enjoy rolling with him, and wanted to know when he'd be back! He did, however, tap me out left, right, backwards and upside down with all the fun stuff he was practicing up at Ari's. I was just blogging the other day about how it's hard to fight newbies because they do things you don't expect... this was the same, only with skill. It was hard to defend because I never knew what he was setting up. He'd get me in a position, and it was like, "Okay, I can figure out how to get out of here" ... but as soon as I move a limb to do so, I'm placing myself into a submission that I didn't even suspect was there. It was wild. He taught me one trick which I hope I can remember long enough to try it on somebody!

No comments:

Post a Comment