Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday lunchtime


The martial arts are one of the methods that can teach the body to reawaken the sleepy senses. Those smart enough not to put them back to sleep at the end of the training see their everyday life filling up with magic. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path


S-O-R-E with a side dish of TIRED. I took an epsom salt bath and skipped evening class. Cuticles getting ripped up (one infected a bit). We haven't been doing an excessive amount of lapel-wrangling this week, but I guess five classes in three days still leave you with dog-eared fingers. Will have to tape them for the rest of the week.

Lunchtime BJJ at Gracie Seattle. There was a new girl there- Dolly. I knew as soon as I watched her walk across the gym that she has previous MA experience (As a kid- karate- she was mystified when I told her she still has The Walk). Carlos put her with me for drills. She was clueless, but started catching on with help, and seemed intrigued. I hope she'll come back.

Escape from side control (I am so clumsy at this technique), two escapes from turtle (slightly better). Some positional sparring from side control and turtle.

Timed rolls with Marc and then Angus. Nobody got a tap, but they were good rolls. I'm usually not stuck on the bottom all the time with Marc; that's one of the reasons I enjoy rolling with him. Angus, I'm usually on the bottom and getting moderately steamrollered. I asked him today to go light on my ribs, and he seemed to be accomodating- either he was going pretty easy or I was On- I was still on the bottom quite a bit, but he didn't tap me out today.

(pic- Bianca (in lavender))

No comments:

Post a Comment