Wednesday, April 6, 2011

x-rays


There is always an anxious element involved in going to look at your x-rays.... especially when you are a person who NEVER goes to the doctor. You think, there could be absolutely *ANYTHING* lurking in there.

Well, there was no pineapple-sized tumor in my pelvis, I have the correct number of teeth, and my spine didn't look like that of Quasimodo's sister.

I was sort of expecting to see some lingering signs of past injuries- but if any were there, they weren't obvious. There is a mild curve to the side in my backbone, around the chest area.... you can see it plainly, but it's not a sight that would cause a non-medical professional to recoil in horror. I asked if the rib injury had caused the spine to pull to the side or if poor posture of the spine had caused the rib injury. The doc thinks that poor spinal posture made me VULNERABLE to the rib injury.

He actually seemed most concerned about my neck- which, ironically enough, does not have nearly ENOUGH curvature in it. I know this is serious, but I could barely keep a straight face. I will definitely have to get some smart-ass-comment milage out of this factoid the next time I'm working with CK and she's harranguing me about standing up straight and suspending my head. The doc wanted to know if I've had any car accidents or other neck injuries. I told him not that I recall; just a bunch of big hairy sweaty men trying to tear my head off my shoulders every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment