Friday, July 29, 2011

Thirty


If you don’t give up your power and your dignity, no one can take it from you. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path



(Non-MA) gym.

I worked on all three dao forms, the jian form, Cannon Fist, short and long empty-hands Tai Chi forms, The Leopard At Dawn fragment, Touch Bridge, Frolic Of the Five Animals, Wood Monkey, Little Red Dragon, Leopard Three, Little Red Dragon In the Mirror, Leopard Three In the Mirror, Five Animals In the Mirror, and the modified beginning to Box form that CC went over with me a few weeks ago.

The Chen Dao and Catherine Dao have changed in light of my recent work with the White Snake Dao. I have never been enamoured of the dao- I can't get over the sense that it looks ridiculous, and I look ridiculous using it- but I must say that my dao work today looked and felt badass.

Two and a half hours of formwork- blisters on the sides of both big toes- then walking thirty laps around the track. Yes, thirty. Maybe more- I'm not entirely sure I remembered to hit the counter every time I went past.

Hopefully between that workout and a double dose of Unisom, I may be able to get the hell to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment