Saturday, July 30, 2011

Modified Box Form


Just like animals attack when they perceive fear and weakness, people can unconsciously feel a person’s power and will probably avoid conflict with those who are animated by deep self-confidence. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path


Today's FOD is the Spear Hand fragment.

Glutes and knees are a bit sore after yesterday's workout, but I was not so sore this morning as I'd expected I'd be.

I transcribed the rest of Touch Bridge and the rest of Black Crane One.

Session with CC. He wanted to see (and film) Hurricane Hands and Angry Snake Defends Its Lair. He seemed gratifyingly impressed with both. He commented that HH looked a lot better than the last time he'd seen it, and it was obvious that I had done a lot of hard work on it. I was a little exasperated that he wanted to film Angry Snake- he always catches me *RIGHT* after I've learned a form and it's all hesitant and full of bobbles, to film me and show it to RS. But I have been working on Angry Snake pretty hard, and I performed it reasonably well, I think.

We worked some more on (his very different version of) Box Form. Need to transcribe (maybe I can get that done tomorrow), but for now, notes:

Left foot steps out first,
Beginning spear hands- palms together, use a forward stance
Throw- not quite so arm-swirly. Note that you grab opponent UNDER his arm so that you can do the throw with only one hand.

Hop and unwind feet- right hand palm down and cupped slightly towards me, left palm-heel smacks into it.
right cover, left leo fist
The part with the groin strike was pretty much the same.
The Dragon hands do not cross so much. Then a step forward into fwd stance, rt spear hand eye level, grab and pull back, left palm heel, rt palm heel.


He asked me what weapons I like, and I said KNIVES! He mentioned possibly doing some Mantis knife stuff next. That would be neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment