Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday

Even more than strength and agility, awareness is our best weapon: a dynamic
awareness that can look simultaneously into the present, the future, and the past. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path


Today's FOD is Bung Bo Kuen.

Lunchtime BJJ at Gracie Seattle. Pulling guard from standing, foot in hip. Then, pulling the opponent's sleeve to the side, scooting out, taking the back. To be followed by: gi choke from back mount. I got tired- and scooting out to jump on someone's back and get your hooks in gets a lot harder once you get tired! Carlos kept us drilling at a brisk pace, finishing with a blast of cardio exercises. I stayed for positional training, but not open mat.

Rodrigo pounced on me in the locker room… "So, August 20….." LOL. He's so funny. I give him credit for waiting one day, instead of asking me about it last night when I first came back! I've missed a lot of training, and August is rife with 11:30am-8pm workshifts (which do not allow me to go to any classes), so I will still not be getting in there as much as I want to be. The finger will not be 100%, either. (I'm not sure it ever will be again.) We'll see what I feel like when the tournament deadline looms.

No comments:

Post a Comment