Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Skinny Guys


Many people train and prepare by walking along the way of the warrior, but never discover, or maybe just forget, what battle they have been training for. The battle rages in front of their eyes and they don’t realize it. The small psychodramas of daily life distract them to the point of taking away their global vision and making them forget why they set out walking the warrior’s path in the first place. Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path


Today's FOD is Five Points Of the Star.

I started transcribing the Tai Chi Long form. Yeah, there's a decent amount of cutting and pasting, but still, a slog. And this is the one I don't have any video for, so I can't check if I have a point of confusion.

Evening BJJ at Gracie Bellevue. Hey, guess what, Hostility Boy is leaving town. Don't know for how long. FOREVER would work great for me. Or at least long enough that I can surpass him in skill to the point where I can choke the snot out of him.

Prof. Carlos split us up into groups of 5 or 6 and had us do various drill relays. The group with all the huge guys in it somehow gained the nickname "The Fat Guys" although none of them are fat at all, they're just the biggun's. My group was, of course, "The Skinny Guys" after "The Little Guys" was deemed too demeaning. We always finished the drills fastest, and when the Prof wanted to know why, one of my group-mates suggested, "Because the Skinny Guys skipped dinner." Of course the Little/Skinny guys are always the fastest... we're the ones who have had to run the fastest all our lives just to keep from getting the poo beaten out of us.

One roll with Steve and one with Kevin. Steve was going light on me and giving me way too much space. Kevin- I was within a hair of subbing him a number of times, and somehow he avoided tapping and managed to weasel out. I think his shoulder detaches and just spins around in his gi jacket.

I took a careful inventory of all my crap before I left, and I think I managed to leave with everything I came in with this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment