Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday evening


When you're a kid, things are pretty simple. Then everything gets very complicated. At some point, it goes back to simple. Or, rather, it doesn't stop being complicated- it's just that you realize that the simple parts are all that matter. -Kitsune



Sunday kung fu, with CN teaching and MM in town.

We started with some reps of the Mantis bo form, then we worked on Angry Snake on our own while CN taught MM the bo form. I repped all three dao forms a few times, then moved on to some Box Form, Little Red Dragon, Little Red Dragon In the Mirror (mostly okay, there are a couple of techniques I tend to be a little hesitant on), and Lun Qi.

CN came over and asked to see my Snake (two reps) and had *no* improvement points to suggest. Zow. He did tell me about an alternate move for the kneeling step, but said the one I was doing is fine- he just wanted me to know that the other existed, in case anyone else expected me to perform it the other way.

Then some Box Form. MM and JoE do not know the form, so they learned the first bit and practiced it while Nemesis and I (who know the form) worked some apps. Noticing that he tends to find armlock apps in almost everything.... JoE is even more apt to that (he was doing it while I was working with him on Thursday), and I rarely seem to see the armlocks till someone points them out to me. I do tend to see the apps that involve getting really close and clasping arms and other parts of the bad guy against my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment