Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Why do people slam armbars?




If even for the blink of an eye you can control two of the other guy’s limbs with one of yours, either with angle or timing or some sort of clinch, then the opponent is in grave danger.  - Josh Waitzkin, “The Art Of Learning”


Wednesday FOD: Iron Needle




Why, oh why, do people slam on armbars????!!! Why? Do they not realize that it F'ing *hurts*? Do they just get too excited and forget how easy it is to pop their classmate's elbow? I have never slammed an armbar. Not in a comp, not on someone who is a dick on the mat and that I can't stand, not on anyone. I really don't get it.

Yes, someone slammed an armbar on me. Fortunately I am not injured, but it scared the cannoli out of me and I am irritated at the person, whom I think should know better.

If it's someone I don't know, I will usually call out "slowly please" as soon as I realize what they're going for... but this incident underscores that you can't really trust anyone.

More later (tomorrow, probably) on actual CLASS... I just wanted to get that rant out.

No comments:

Post a Comment