Monday, August 12, 2013

If I go again....



A sensitive body gives back to life its natural intensity. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path




Monday evening BJJ at Kirkland. Same techniques as this morning. It's an honor to be the demo dummy. I like to make the white belts snicker by rolling my eyes and popping my tongue out when Cindy chokes me from my back.

Dave abused my neck, but we both gave each other some good refining feedback. One of his: I continue to be way too obvious and large-motioned when I slip my hand in for the choke. I do the same thing on the RNC; I have been trying to break myself of that.

Two rolls with Will. He had front mount on me for most of the second match, but could not finish. His bow-backed pelvic pressure was masterful. For a while I was seriously contemplating tapping just because he was grinding right on my stomach and I thought I was going to ralph up the water I'd just drunk. I think he's already taller and heavier than he was when I worked with him this summer in Bothell. I hate it when I have a great teenage partner who is just my size, and then they start growing so fast that they are bigger at the end of class than they were when we bowed in..... and too soon, they are way too big for me.

Cindy razzed me for leaving after this, but I announced that if I went again, I would puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment